Jaak Aab is the Minister of Education and Research of the Republic of Estonia as of 25 November 2020. He is a member of the Estonian Centre Party.
Jaak Aab was born on 9 April 1960 in Taagepera. He lives in a partnership and is a father of two daughters. Aab has been a member of the Estonian Centre Party as of 1994.
- In 2017–2018 and 2019-2020, he served as the Minister of Public Administration of the Republic of Estonia.
- In 2016–2017, he was the Secretary General of the Estonian Centre Party.
- In 2007–2011, he was a member of the XI Riigikogu and a deputy Chairman of the Social Affairs Committee.
- In 2005–2007, he was the Minister of Social Affairs of the Republic of Estonia.
- In 2003–2005, he served as the Chief Executive Officer of the Association of Estonian Cities.
- In 2002–2003, he was a member of the IX Riigikogu.
- In 1998–2002, he served as mayor of Võhma, and before that, as of 1994, the deputy mayor of Võhma.
Jaak Aab graduated from the University of Tallinn in Russian language and literature in 1986. He speaks Estonian, Finnish, Russian, and English.